Daryl Burdon Ltd. offer a wide range of services within the marine environment. In general, our services can be split between research, teaching and consultancy.
A summary of the services Daryl Burdon Ltd. currently offer is provided below, however please contact us to discuss how we may be able to meet your specific needs.
- Delivery of marine natural and social science research contracts specialising in the fields of ecological economics, anthropogenic impacts, natural capital, ecosystem services, marine law and policy, and marine management.
- Preparing and submitting collaborative tenders for large marine interdisciplinary research projects (e.g. H2020, Interreg, NERC, ESRC).
- Project Management of interdisciplinary marine research projects.
- Publication of marine research in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Reviewing of marine research tenders and outputs (e.g. reports, papers).
- Proof-reading of marine research reports.
Recent Daryl Burdon Ltd. Research contracts include:
- Design and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate lectures on a range of marine topics including: natural capital, ecosystem services and valuation; marine and environmental law and policy; threats and remedies in aquatic systems; marine environmental management.
- Design and delivery of a range of seminars, workshops and field-trips for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects.
- Marking and feedback of student essays, exams and theses.
- Examination of MSc and PhD student theses.
- Proof-reading of undergraduate and postgraduate research theses.
Recent Daryl Burdon Ltd. Teaching contracts include:
- Desk-based scientific reviews.
- Collection, analysis and reporting of natural and social science primary data.
- Development and application of natural capital and ecosystem service approaches to the marine, coastal and estuarine environment.
- Design and facilitation of stakeholder engagement events including focus groups, workshops and meetings.
- Facilitation of scientific conferences, workshops and meetings.
- Chairing of scientific meetings and workshops.
- Secretariat for scientific meetings and workshops.
Recent Daryl Burdon Ltd. Consultancy contracts include: